Question regarding assigning users to Macs

Haibert
Here to help

Question regarding assigning users to Macs

Hi all,

I want to know if there is an API end point exposed that allows editing details of a Mac device in the network. I have mentioned a photo of way we do this with the UI. I want to be able to change the owner of a Mac device and cannot find it in the documentation. Any help is appreciated!

1.png

7 Replies 7
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Morning. Have just had a look at the documentation and there doesn't appear to be an endpoint that updates a device with a new user. This seems like a useful endpoint, so I'll raise this with PM

Awesome. It would be great if in the body we could also mention the name property. 

{

owner: 'xxxxxx'

name: 'xxx1233'

}

Hi Paul,

Do did you hear anything from from PM?

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I've created a feature request, as this is certainly something that other customers could benefit from, but as Q4 (May-July) is already planned, I cannot say when this is likely to be roadmapped. I'll also bring it up on my next call with engineering. Sorry I can't give any more information at this time.

Hi Paul. 

I know Q4 has not passed but thought id stop by and just ask if there is any possible movement on this?

Hey Paul,

Just following up on this! 

Haibert
Here to help

Hey Paul,

Just following up on this! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels