Profile Installation Failed

JT5
Here to help

I have over 100 iPads that have been factory reset.

I looked around the community forums.

While searching the forum two threads popped up with the same error the solution seemed different.

When I attempt to re-enroll and install a profile with Meraki I receive this profile error:

A connection to the server could be established.

This might be an obvious fix but I was posting form others experience.

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you made sure you have enough licenses?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
JT5
Here to help

Thanks for reply alemabrahao!

The license is set for around 500 devices.

The ADE token, the certificates with Apple are all updated.

So, I’m not sure why the iPad profiles are failing to install.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried on and off network to see if it is possibly something within your network blocking the profile from downloading? 

I know that sometimes content filters will break the process until you have everything allowed for Meraki.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hey vassallon!

Thanks (again) for the replies.

It's strange, working with hundreds of iPads in one spot I haven't had this profile install issue.

I do work on a secure network so I simply walked around a router and the profile installed immediately.

I am still running into the Assigned and not Pushed issue liked I mentioned in the other thread.

But I do realize like you said in your reply I'm working with a combo of older iPads.

So, thanks again for your help.

😁

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I just had an old iPad Air running iOS 9.2.1 pop online and it worked correctly. 

Have you tried setting up one of these iPads you are having issues on a different network, like your phone hotspot, home internet or McD's wifi, just to see if it behaves differently.

Perhaps it is something being blocked in your network that is causing the issue.

Yeah, I thought about that but being on a secure college campus I'm not sure how that would work.

But, I could certainly look into that part more.

Thank SO much!

JT

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

The nice part about Meraki MDM is that you can set up the device anywhere and as long as it has access to Meraki servers it will download the correct information.

It's one of the questions Meraki support always asks me when I call in.   It helps them isolate if it is a Meraki issue or possibly a network issue.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Here is list from Meraki of what needs to be allowed for devices to work correctly in SM as well.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Other_Topics/Systems_Manager_Firewall_Rules

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels