New to Meraki MDM

SOLVED
SelvininCanada
Conversationalist

New to Meraki MDM

Hello,

I recently started in a new position as an IT admin. The previous team member is no longer with the company and did not have any documentation.

I have access to the Meraki system manager portal and can see several devices. I do notice however, that many devices are not showing as online in our management portal. I have on iPhone in front of me that I would like to factory reset, but commands are not being sent out to device as it is not showing as online in Meraki portal. Do not have passcode to unlock iphone. Is there anyway to sync iPhone to show up in Meraki management console so that I can perform a factory reset or clear passcode? Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SelvininCanada if the device isn't in Systems Manager and you are unable to unlock it if you are using a Mac download Apple configurator and factory reset the phone that way otherwise with Windows you will need iTunes. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SelvininCanada if the device isn't in Systems Manager and you are unable to unlock it if you are using a Mac download Apple configurator and factory reset the phone that way otherwise with Windows you will need iTunes. 

Hi Blake,

The device is in systems manager, however; it is not showing up as online. It does not seem to come online, and I do not have to passcode for the iPhone to open it up and check to see if the SM app is installed on iPhone.

Thank you for the advise, I set the iPhone in recovery mode and connected to iTunes. I was able to restore and update phone and have it set back to factory reset.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels