MDM Licensing

Solved
FBettencourt
Here to help

MDM Licensing

Greetings all - My organization currently has 99 out of 100 free licenses for our MDM.  I went ahead and purchased 50 additional licenses through a 3rd party vendor, but when I go to add the licenses it drops my total count down to 50 instead of raising it to 150.  My two options in the "Add License" dropdown are "License New Devices" or "Renew My Dashboard License".  I have only attempted the "New" option as I didn't want to mess up the entire dashboard.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Paid licences replace free licences.

So if you have 100 free licences, and want to end up with 150 licences, you have to buy 150 licences.  You'll need to buy an additional 100 licences to bring your licence count up (or return the 50 licences if you just purchased them and do a single order for 150 licences).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Paid licences replace free licences.

So if you have 100 free licences, and want to end up with 150 licences, you have to buy 150 licences.  You'll need to buy an additional 100 licences to bring your licence count up (or return the 50 licences if you just purchased them and do a single order for 150 licences).

I was hoping no one would say that... lol.  Thank you for the clarification!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels