Issues Deploying Malwarebytes to MacOS via Meraki Systems Manager

Solved
Jose-MK1
Here to help

Issues Deploying Malwarebytes to MacOS via Meraki Systems Manager

I'm trying to deploy Malwarebytes to our organization via Meraki Systems Manager MDM. 

Found this document that says I need to provide kernal extension and approve Full Disk Access via the MDM and they provided a Malwarebytes_Protection_profile_10_15.mobileconfig file that is supposed to set up that configuration. 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047842193--Remotely-deploy-Malwarebytes-Endpoi...

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025573-Approve-kernel-security-framework-ex...

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047485253 

JoseMK1_0-1642036806184.png

So I made sure that device was tagged and the profile deployed, then created an App profile to deploy the custom app using the install file from my Malwarebytes Dashboard. But after that the Malwarebytes only partially installs. The full install shows this:

JoseMK1_1-1642037046460.png

But on my test laptops I only get these installed. 

malwarebytes1.png

Also on the manual install I see these permissions under Privacy, but not on my test laptop that was deployed via Meraki Systems Manager. 

AB297043-87E6-4D26-974B-E227CAF8BB27.png

malwarebytes2.png

Any ideas for troubleshooting? I've created Support Tickets with both Meraki Systems Manager Support and Malwarebytes Support but no luck resolving it yet. Any help is appreciated, thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution
Jose-MK1
Here to help

The Malwarebytes Support tech reached out to me this morning with the suggestion to convert the .pkg file to a .dmg file and try again.

I converted a folder with the .pkg file into a .dmg file, created a new app profile in Meraki Systems Manager, uninstalled on my test laptop and installed via the new app profile and it worked! All the apps installed that previously had not installed and I now get the "Start Threat scan option."

JoseMK1_0-1642107209263.png

The only thing I can think of that's missing is a lack of the Malwarebytes permissions in the Full Disk Access folder. Do you think this could cause any issues regarding the protection/functionality of the product?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jose-MK1
Here to help

The Malwarebytes Support tech reached out to me this morning with the suggestion to convert the .pkg file to a .dmg file and try again.

I converted a folder with the .pkg file into a .dmg file, created a new app profile in Meraki Systems Manager, uninstalled on my test laptop and installed via the new app profile and it worked! All the apps installed that previously had not installed and I now get the "Start Threat scan option."

JoseMK1_0-1642107209263.png

The only thing I can think of that's missing is a lack of the Malwarebytes permissions in the Full Disk Access folder. Do you think this could cause any issues regarding the protection/functionality of the product?

Jose-MK1
Here to help

The permissions ended up appearing later in the day on the same endpoints and the support tech confirmed that scanning and diagnostic logs looked normal.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels