Installing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on MacOS clients

MarcAnton
Conversationalist

Installing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on MacOS clients

Hello,

I need to push a .plist file for the automated installation of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on MacOS clients using Meraki Systems Manager.

How can I do that? Couldn't find any specific documentation by Cisco about it.

The documentation of Microsoft I am trying to follow is this one here:
Deployment with a different Mobile Device Management (MDM) system for Microsoft Defender for Endpoin...

Next thing I am unsure about is the system configuration profile. Has anyone done this before with Meraki on MacOS? Do I really need to create profiles in Systems manager for each and every profile on this page?

mdatp-xplat/macos/mobileconfig/profiles at master · microsoft/mdatp-xplat (github.com)

Your help would be much apprieciated!

Regards,
Marc

Or is any of the .mobileconfig files in the "combined" folder suiteable as well?

2 Replies 2
r_timmons
Conversationalist

Per the Microsoft docs they only "Officially" Support Intune and JAMF, a little more digging there's a JAMF thread about merging multiple .mobileconfig files into one file but it is not advised. I would recommend that you just create the required 7 different profiles 1 per .mobileconfig file required and then use a tag to push them.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

"Do I really need to create profiles in Systems manager for each and every profile on this page?"

I would suggest that this is ALWAYS the case for one simple reason:

If you were to bundle all of them together, and apply them to a device, but then needed to make a change, the ENTIRE profile would be installed again. Now, this normally wouldn't create a problem, but, where Disk access, etc, is being granted, this would prompt the end user several times (for each payload within the profile) rather than once

Hope that this helps

Kind regards,

Paul

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels