Device Page: Management shows "Profile(s) missing" but Profiles says "There are no missing profiles"

Solved
mriske
Comes here often

Device Page: Management shows "Profile(s) missing" but Profiles says "There are no missing profiles"

Hey,

another quick question, as the title says:

On the device page it shows under "Management" it shows "Profile(s) missing"

mriske_0-1663156793191.png

But not showing which profiles are missing.

If i then look under "Profiles" and filter for "Missing":

mriske_1-1663156963870.png

The activity log also doesn't show a missing profile or a profile, which wasn't installed.

This is the case on all (currently 7) devices iOS Devices (iPads 9th Gen.).

Which setting or profile is missing here?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution
MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The "Missing" section for profiles was added not too long ago, and I think this is unexpected state that needs to be looked into more. Please open a support case and share the link to this example so we can fix that! 

My first guess is this might be caused from the "Privacy & Lock" profile payload on the SM > Settings page. That profile payload doesn't actually install anything on a device (it functions more like a Dashboard setting), so it can cause some states like this. Anyway, please open a support case and we can review your exact example more and resolve this edge case. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The "Missing" section for profiles was added not too long ago, and I think this is unexpected state that needs to be looked into more. Please open a support case and share the link to this example so we can fix that! 

My first guess is this might be caused from the "Privacy & Lock" profile payload on the SM > Settings page. That profile payload doesn't actually install anything on a device (it functions more like a Dashboard setting), so it can cause some states like this. Anyway, please open a support case and we can review your exact example more and resolve this edge case. 

mriske
Comes here often

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I'll open a case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels