'Configuration Profile' not beeing installed on Windows-devices

robuch
Comes here often

'Configuration Profile' not beeing installed on Windows-devices

We recently bought the Systems Manager Licenses for our company, set it up and startet to enroll devices. While iOS and macOS devices could be enrolled without problems, windows devices cause us problems.

More precisely, the 'configuration profiles' are causing us problems. Installed on iOS and macOS without any problems, no 'configuration profiles' are installed on Windows devices.

The manual synchronization in the device overview has not helped, just as little as a new enrollment in MDM.

The windows devices are in scope, at least that's what the 'configuration profiles' say.

Does anyone know what else can cause this issue?

The Cisco support was not very helpful until now.

8 Replies 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I do recall on Windows, you need to configure two things to make everything work.  You have to deploy the agent, and you have to configure the MDM settings.

The MDM bit is located here in the deployment instructions:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Windows_Enrollment#Open_Work_Access_Settings 

Further to @PhilipDAth comment, don't forget that MDM only manages the user's account that enrolled. If that user is not logged in, the profile can't (and won't be pushed)

But, ensuring that the SM client is installed AND MDM enrolled should be the first diagnostic step

robuch
Comes here often

Thank you both for the quick responses!

I'm testing this on my own laptop (while logged in myself of course) and have both the Windows profile and agent installed.

Do you have any other suggestions on what I can look for?

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is this Windows 10 ENTERPRISE or Pro (or some other version)?

robuch
Comes here often

I got two devices with Windows 10 Enterprise and the other with Windows 11 Pro. Both are configured the same as stated above and the profile is not installed on both.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

can you check that the device is checking in?

On Windows Enterprise Machines:

Click the start menu, then settings. Click Access work or school

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 2.31.14 PM.png

 If you then click on the Connected to.....

and then Info

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 2.32.55 PM.png

You'll have the ability to Sync. This should bring down any new policies

If it doesn't, please report back

robuch
Comes here often

The device is checking in when I sync, the security policy is already on the devcie but the config profile stays away from my Windows PC 😕

I also tried checking the device in from the dashboard but with the same result. 

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you privately message me your case number?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels