[Bug] : Duplicated MDM Client when enrolling Windows

aws_architect
Building a reputation

[Bug] : Duplicated MDM Client when enrolling Windows

Hi 

I have noticed that sometimes with Windows MDM enrolement it is creating 2 entries on Meraki (Client)

Someone else had this behavior ?

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
aws_architect
Building a reputation

Thank you @BlakeRichardson

-added profile first, installed agent second = 1 client appears in Systems Manager

-installing agent, then adding profile = duplicate entries

Is it on the backlog for fix ? This should happen however you enroll 😉

No idea if its been reported as a bug or not. 

Done 

Created Date: Sep 10, 2018 00:32

Let see ...

Thank you

Thanks for the case number, I'll try to check in on this during the week.

I think we are the only ones having problems the support doesn’t see any ... like usally ....

It took 3 weeks to the support to get this :

“I reproduced this in our lab and I do not see duplicate entries.

Thank you,

Hasal 
Cisco Meraki Technical Support”

You are not alone. I also have some notebooks with the same issue. I've notice that in some duplicates I have a message: "Client synchronization is not yet complete." (and lot's of missing information (Model, Serial, CPU, RAM, BIOS,...)

aws_architect
Building a reputation

Happy to know that I am not alone 🙂

Unhappy to see that this case from 2018 haven’t been solved !
T1
Building a reputation

We've had the same problem for a while. I have an ongoing ticket where I dump new duplicate entries and Support merge them for me. I noticed that duplicate entries usually appear if there is a significant time difference between enrollment via Settings and Agent installation. It also happens sometimes when users install Agent first and enroll via Setting right away but almost never happens when they do the opposite.

Another problem mentioned above is "zombie" enrollments when devices are stuck in "Synchronization is not yet complete" state and it is impossible to trace what they are.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels