Block all calls on Android with MerakiSM?

Solved
dbl4500
Here to help

Block all calls on Android with MerakiSM?

With "Android Device Owner" we see the option to Disable SMS. But what if we want to block all calls? I have Android devices that receive spam calls. These devices do not need to be using the phone feature at all. How can I prevent all incoming phone calls? I also tried using Blocklist under Android System Apps to block some of the System phone/dialer apps but that didn't work. The "Phone" app disappeared from the apps list but I can still receive calls.

dbl4500_0-1700148255832.png

dbl4500_1-1700148340257.png

1 Accepted Solution
dbl4500
Here to help

We were able to block all incoming and outgoing calls by calling our wireless provider and enabling the "call barring" feature on specific lines.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have devices that don’t need to use the phone feature don’t put SIM cards in them so they can’t make or receive phone calls.  

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@dbl4500 I have not seen any MDM able to block calls for Android or iOS. I suspect no one would allow that because what happens in an emergency if the user cannot use their phone because it's disabled via an MDM. Has lawsuit written all over it.

dbl4500
Here to help

We were able to block all incoming and outgoing calls by calling our wireless provider and enabling the "call barring" feature on specific lines.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels