AFW Account Fails to Install on Enrollment

Solved
KFoster
New here

AFW Account Fails to Install on Enrollment

In the past few weeks, we've identified we're unable to add any new Android devices into Meraki MDM. The AFW account is failing to install during enrollment, and subsequently when trying to manually install the account. Devices have been factory reset multiple times during troubleshooting without any change. 

The devices show a warning on the Install AFW Account in the Meraki SM app.

The devices show a warning notiifcation from Google "Verify it's you. You were signed out of your Google Account" and when clicking next it shows "Android Enterprise" in the Email field, but it is a non-editable field. Clicking next throws an error saying the email/phone is not valid.

This is happening on devices running Android 12 and 13. I have not tested with anything older.

We have had a support case open since 09/08/2023 for this issue (Case#10709527) but there has been no progress.

Is anyone else seeing this issue or have any clever ideas? 

20230915_135724.jpg

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @KFoster ,

Sorry to hear you're having issues enrolling Android devices into your MDM network. There are a couple of things I'd ask you to confirm:

1. Are you enrolling via BYOD or Device Owner Mode?
  2. How are the devices being enrolled? For Android 12/13 devices in D/O mode, this should be done via 6 taps on the welcome set up screen and scanning the QR code. Do not use the afw#meraki method
  3. Logged into the Google Account you use for Android Enterprise on a desktop/laptop, go to play.google.com/work, then Admin Settings, do you see the correct information under "Organisation Settings"? 

In the meantime, I'll follow up on your ticket to help move this one along.

Kind regards,

Connor

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @KFoster ,

Sorry to hear you're having issues enrolling Android devices into your MDM network. There are a couple of things I'd ask you to confirm:

1. Are you enrolling via BYOD or Device Owner Mode?
  2. How are the devices being enrolled? For Android 12/13 devices in D/O mode, this should be done via 6 taps on the welcome set up screen and scanning the QR code. Do not use the afw#meraki method
  3. Logged into the Google Account you use for Android Enterprise on a desktop/laptop, go to play.google.com/work, then Admin Settings, do you see the correct information under "Organisation Settings"? 

In the meantime, I'll follow up on your ticket to help move this one along.

Kind regards,

Connor

KFoster
New here

Thanks, Connor! Using the newer QR code did work. 

Brilliant, thank you for confirming!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels