Converting old HP ProCurve equipment to Meraki MS220 Series

Converting old HP ProCurve equipment to Meraki MS220 Series

download.pngcisco-meraki-og-logo.jpg

• Why was the purpose of your project?
  • To gain better visibility of the network and to be able to provide better reporting of our network. We had 3500's 2810's 2650's ProCurve series switches with ProCurve AP's which were installed before my time and we wanted to get to the next level of networking. 
  • What challenges did you encounter? How did you solve those?
  • With the equipment we had at the time and myself being fairly new in networking I wasn't too familiar with HP switching but knew was able to pull through. It was challenging for me having to login to every switch individually and not knowing how to use the (WC) I couldn't do much to wireless settings. I was using Meraki MDM at the time and loved their concept and showed the products to my boss. We then started a project to replace switching and wireless for summer.
  • What Meraki gear did you end up using? What non-Meraki gear did you use?
  • We replaced HP switches with MS220's and MR34's and saw how great it was to see everything in one window. I was also excited to see that I can make my own SSIDs and group policies with so much data and control.
  • What do you hope to do next to in the future?
  • We later in the future moved on to more Meraki equipment but that's for another project story. 😁