Allow per-port VLAN local overrides for MX devices linked to a Configuration Template

dillon_au
New here

Allow per-port VLAN local overrides for MX devices linked to a Configuration Template

Hi team,

I would like to be able to configure per-port VLAN settings for MXs that are part of a Configuration Template.

These networks don't have a MS (or other managed L2 switch) onsite, but we do require to set certain security/camera devices on a separate VLAN, and each network linked to the template may have different quantities of these devices so we can't say that ports 3-4 are always going to be on VLAN 40. We also don't want to have to maintain multiple very similar templates just to achieve this.

It would be great to be able to override this on a per network basis just like you can for the VLANs/subnets section on the same page.

I already logged a case (09450183) with Meraki support, and they confirmed it's not possible currently.

In the meantime, I've had to unbind these networks from the template which means additional manual configuration and compliance efforts.

1 Reply 1
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @dillon_au 

This is the Meraki Go wish area. These features far extend the scope of the Meraki Go product. 

You can find the Meraki Enterprise community area here:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Community/ct-p/meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.