Workshop Intro: Meraki Automation Using Python

Chris_Skees
Meraki Employee

In this instructor-led workshop session, we will introduce and help you get started with creating custom API scripts using Python together with the Meraki Dashboard. Programmability is a key skill set for network operators to quickly handle tedious tasks such as configuration, deployment, and management of physical and virtual devices through automations.

Watch the following introduction video to learn more details on how we will help you build a solid foundation of Meraki Dashboard API basics.

For more information or if you have any questions, please contact certifications@meraki.com.

3 Comments
jimburt372
Conversationalist

Where can I register for this workshop?  Or was this a one time event that has already been held?

Chris_Skees
Meraki Employee

Hi @jimburt372, you can reach out to the team at certifications@meraki.com for more information on future dates and registration.

jimburt372
Conversationalist

I just completed this workshop.  I have previously earned my Cisco DevNET Associate in 2020, but I have not actually used hardly any of that training (use or lose is too true), and I found this workshop to be great.  It helped me develop a comfortable approach to utilizing these tools.  For people that may be more developer minded already, you could likely present questions and the leaders could accommodate that.  I have no way of knowing the level of others in the class, but from the comments I saw, it seemed that I was in a group of similar level people with myself.  There were quizzes to gauge understanding throughout that helped to feel that I was grasping the concepts.

If you are new to Python and/or new to using Meraki API's, I feel this is a great place to start.  Great job to all that put it together.