Topology Doubt

RenanIMonteiro
Conversationalist

Topology Doubt

I will change all my HQ to meraki, since Switch Core, Access Layer and Access Points, but I have a question about topology and management of switch core.

I have central internet connection on my two DC, so, my switch core should to go to DC to exit to internet. I have a OSPF between my present switch core and the DCs.

My question is, how will work the management interface for meraki switch core with regard internet conection ? Is it something normal to meraki ? There is some best practice in this case ?

Below the topology I would like to create. SP2 and SP3 are my Data Centers

ECE-Topologia Macro.png

3 Replies 3
cshaun
Here to help

Hey Renan,

Regarding management traffic, you'll need to allow traffic out via the firewalls/edge devices you have at SP2 and SP3, using the rules found at https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo....  Otherwise there isn't really anything tricky to it. 

You haven't included your firewall/edge device on your diagram.  Are you able to tell us what devices you'll be using for that?  Are they also Meraki or something else?

Hi, 

I don't have any firewall on this topology. 

I have a dark fiber, connected directly to Cisco ACI. 

It is like a point-to-point between my HQ and two DCs

Hey Renan,

You have connectivity to the internet in that diagram - Whatever device sits between you and the internet, Meraki management traffic will need to traverse, for you to be able to manage your Meraki switching.

If you have a more specific question, somebody will be able to give you more specific guidance.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.