Split Networks

Solved
Netwow
Building a reputation

Split Networks

I have a combined network that I need to split in order to upgrade an MX100 to and MX450. I need to clone the configuration of the MX 100.  If I split the network while it is active will any configurations be lost? Will clients be disrupted? 

1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

7 Replies 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

No. If you split the appliance network out of the combined network there's no impact.

If you're just doing an upgrade though I would remove the existing MX100 and then add the MX450 instead of messing around with two networks. You'll have to adjust the physical ports configs, and deal with cabling, but I think it's easier than trying to clone the network. 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Why is the title of your post, "Client VPN split tunneling?"

I have split combined networks and combined them again and not seen any service interruption or other trouble.  I did this most recently to get rid of an old demo MC network I had in one of my combined networks.  If anything, you *might* lose historical data like client usage.  If that is important, I would call support or research more to find out.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Netwow
Building a reputation

Sorry about the the title . I had suggestions turned on and didn't notice. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Netwow - I can change the title if you like, just let me know what it should be!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Oh, never mind, you did it! 🙂

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Netwow
Building a reputation

Ok back to the initial question. The reason I want to clone is because there are so many VLANs (cleaning this up later). So I am safe splitting and then re-combining. 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yup, you're safe. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.