[getConfigTemplates] 404 Error when Organization is API Enabled

Eddysanoli
Getting noticed

[getConfigTemplates] 404 Error when Organization is API Enabled

Hello. Im trying to get the config templates for a given organization using the "getConfigTemplates" endpoint. However, when I run the Python command for this, I get a 404 response. I then tried to retrieve the data for that specific organization and once again received a 404 response. I checked, and using the "getOrganizations" endpoint I can see that the info for the organization, and the fact that it is API enabled. I'm using an admin API key.

What could be happenning here? Why can I see the organization using "getOrganizations" but not when using the "getOrganization" endpoint? 

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

Are you trying getOrganizationConfigTemplates ? 

An Org that contains no ConfigTemplates will return a 404 ( sadly ) : 

RaphaelL_0-1661444537393.png

A working Org with templates is currently returning me a 200 with the correct templates : 

RaphaelL_1-1661444750535.png

( Bad attempt at bluring the info lol )

Eddysanoli
Getting noticed

Hey! Thank you for helping me out.

Yeah. I'm indeed using the "getOrganizationConfigTemplates" endpoint. I went ahead and checked if the organization of interest had an associated config template, and it apparently does not have one. So that could be the culprit, but that still doesnt explain why I cant get the info from that specific organization even though it is API enabled.

Do you know what could be happening there?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So getOrganizations returns Org X , Y , Z  but you can't do a getOrganization on Org Y ?

And on Org Y , API is enabled as you mentioned, right ?

Can you check if other orgs are working ? If so , I would suggest opening a case for that one.

I tried : https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/XXXXX/   on multiple of my orgs ( 10++ ) and they are all working ( and on different shards ) 

Eddysanoli
Getting noticed

Exactly! "Org Y" in this case is not returning anything when using "getOrganization". I have gone through all the organizations returned by "getOrganizations" and only two of them allow me to get specific info, the other 10 or so, always give me a 404 response. Curiously, they are all marked as for "production" use. Dont know what the system administrators could be using to block my access to those orgs specifically. But I could also open a case as well

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked if there is any restriction by IP ? This is fairly recent , I haven't tested it , so I'm not sure if it returns a 404 ! Might be worth a try. 

RaphaelL_0-1661449827407.png

Eddysanoli
Getting noticed

Where can I find that menu?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Settings

RaphaelL_0-1661450745689.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.