Wireless Overview - Access Data via API / python sdk

Solved
MichaelPh
Conversationalist

Wireless Overview - Access Data via API / python sdk

Hello developers,

is there a way to collect the access points wireless overview data dashboards?

e.g.

MichaelPh_0-1692627847755.png

We would like to extract this information on a regular basis (for reports and monitoring).

I was not able to find either a direct way via api or sdk or a manual way (e.g. the clients time to connect data) yet...

Regards
Michael

1 Accepted Solution
MichaelPh
Conversationalist

I managed to collect the data via single calls and rebuilded the logic in python

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any way to collect this summarised data.  To build this yourself from the raw data from be pretty hard.

MichaelPh
Conversationalist

I managed to collect the data via single calls and rebuilded the logic in python

AsterV4
Conversationalist

hi @MichaelPh could you share how did you do it?

MichaelPh
Conversationalist

Hi @AsterV4 - yes of course - not the full code but an approach if this is fine for you.

As @PhilipDAth already mentioned its quite difficult to reproduce everything but i extracted the neccessary parts for me...

You need to build a request with

headers = {'Cookie': 'dash_auth=xxx'}
and for example to get the signal quality you need to do something like:

requests.request(
"GET",
"<base_url>/manage/wireless_insights_network/
signal_quality_by_client?timespan=86400",
headers= {'Cookie': 'dash_auth=xxx'},
timeout=30
)

The dash_auth cookie can be seen in your own calls against the website when browsing - just take a look at the developer tools of your browsersession.

I´m aware that this "solution" will probably be not that stable, because of frontend or backend changes and the refreshing of the dash_auth cookie is also not that handy - but since there is no other current solution this is working much faster than manually searching for the "problematic" networks.

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.