What is the purpose of management attribute into the get organizations end-point result

Solved
Gini_Dev_Team
Here to help

What is the purpose of management attribute into the get organizations end-point result

Hello,

I recently discover that in the following end-point : GET /organizations/

described here :  https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organizations

a new attribute appears : management

It is explained :

"management : Information about the organization's management system"

"  |--> details : Details related to organization management, possibly empty"

My question are :

• What is the use case for a MSP ?
  • In other terms, why should I use such kind of data ?
  • Do you have any documentation on this and how to use it ?

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution
sungod
Head in the Cloud

We're an MSP, we manage many customers, and for some of them we manage their end customers on their behalf, it gets complex.

We can use this field to relate a Dashboard organization to an identifier in our own systems - i.e. use our own internal reference for the specific customer contract that relates to this Dashboard organization.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

management:object

Information about the organization's management system

Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are in a unique situation of needing to manage multiple distinct customer organizations in dashboard. These customers often need to have independently managed licensing, users, and VPN peers. This page outlines tools, best practices, and recommended steps for managing multiple organizations as an MSP.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Managed_Service_Providers_(MSPs)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
sungod
Head in the Cloud

We're an MSP, we manage many customers, and for some of them we manage their end customers on their behalf, it gets complex.

We can use this field to relate a Dashboard organization to an identifier in our own systems - i.e. use our own internal reference for the specific customer contract that relates to this Dashboard organization.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.