Switch Ports data via API

matusbzk_swi
New here

Switch Ports data via API

Hello,

is there a way to get information about unicast packets for a specific switch port? 

Via the "/devices/{serial}/switch/ports/statuses/packets" call, I can get information about total packets and also multicast and broadcast, but not about unicast. Will it always hold that the sum of unicast, broadcast and multicast will be equal to total, so can I just get it by subtracting those two from total, or is that not correct?
According to data collected by SNMP, it just seems to hold that unicast + multicast = total, and there are no broadcast packets reported.

Also, is there a way to get data for any time interval? According to API call, it should work for any interval, however it seems to work correctly only when the time interval is either 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour or 1 day and otherwise it rounds the interval to the closest one of these values..

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately the answer is no to both. But in your place I would contact support to validate if there is any way to achieve what you want.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.