Monitoring devices using Paessler prtg and api calls/checks

RemcoBeekman
Comes here often

Monitoring devices using Paessler prtg and api calls/checks

Hello,

Not long ago Paessler prtg added (beta) sensors to there program for monitoring licenses and health of the meraki devices. Monitoring the licenses is working fine but I ran into problems when trying to monitor the health of the devices.

The check first try to discover all organizations which are configured in the dashboard. For the license check this works and I can select the organization to monitor. For the health check I can see the discovery start but at +/- 75% the discovery stops. No error, no nothing. The check is started from the same location with the same api key. Does anyone know how to fix this? Support at Paessler did look into it, but could find a reason.

When I configure this check for the always on environment from Meraki (with there own api key) the check runs till the end and I can select the organization which I want to monitor.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction so I can monitor the health of my own environment.

With kind regards,

Remco

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should try retrieving the organisation list using Postman, Python or something similar.  You might get lucky and get an error message back.

It is possible that the API key does not have sufficient access to access one of the orgs being queried.  This can happen if a licence has expired or the rights have been denied.

Thank you for your response.

I tried api calls using Postman to all different Organization and they all worked. I'm administrator for all Organization with full rights.

The strange thing is that the prtg check for checking the license status is working in prtg, but the check for device health isn't. The discovery process of the organization looks the same. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.