MX splash page configuration

Solved
ramrenne
Comes here often

MX splash page configuration

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to automatically configure MX splash pages for a number of networks. I know that the Meraki Dashboard API offers an API endpoint for MR splash page configuration, but there doesn’t seem to be an endpoint to configure the MX splash page.

Did anyone come up with a workaround for this use case and would like to share it? 

Thanks a lot in advance, and have a great day!

1 Accepted Solution

As far as I know, yes, it is supported in templates. But how much to add to the template without changing the current configuration is not possible. So if the template is not an option the best way is via API or configure one by one.

alemabrahao_0-1699457564072.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wouldn't using a template be an option?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks for your fast response. I was told that templates don't support the MX splash page feature. 
Do templates support this feature? And is it possible to adapt the MX splash page configuration without overwriting other available configurations of a network?

As far as I know, yes, it is supported in templates. But how much to add to the template without changing the current configuration is not possible. So if the template is not an option the best way is via API or configure one by one.

alemabrahao_0-1699457564072.png

Thanks a lot. I will look into the template feature then. Just to make sure, with "MX splash page configuration", I also mean the following page: 

ramrenne_1-1699533371739.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't see a way of doing this either.

You might be able to use this approach - setup a source network with the right SSID settings, then use the able to get the current settings, and then copy all of those SSID settings to a new network.

ssidSettings=dashboard.appliance.getNetworkApplianceSsid(fromNetworkId,ssidNumber)

kwargs = {}
for setting in ssidSettings:
	kwargs[setting]=ssidSettings[setting]

dashboard.appliance.updateNetworkApplianceSsid(toNetworkid,**kwargs)

Thanks for your input. 

Yes, the update Network Appliance SSID endpoint looks good for setting the SSID of an MX and is for sure one step of the process, but if I see correctly, you can not configure the MX splash page itself with this call, correct?

For MRs there is the endpoint https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/update-network-wireless-ssid-splash-settings/ to achieve this, but it doesn't seem to be available for MXs. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.