MT Sensor API and MQTT officially GA!

David-H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

MT Sensor API and MQTT officially GA!

API_MQTT_v2.png

MT sensor data is officially available via API or MQTT telemetry stream, making it easier than ever for Meraki customers and partners to manage sensor data at scale or build custom business solutions. 

With the API and MQTT telemetry stream, you can create custom visualizations for analysis, integrate sensor data with building management systems to increase efficiency, or store in a long-term cloud database for historical record keeping.

MT Sensor API Information:

Note: API endpoints will be available by Monday February 21, 2022

On the Meraki dashboard, navigate to Help >> API docs >> Sensor Readings

DavidH_0-1644939701247.png

The API enables you to return sensor readings sorted by timestamp, interval, or latest reading. See below for example HTTP requests. 

HTTP Request 1.jpgHTTP Request 2.jpgHTTP Request 3.jpg

MQTT Information

A complete MQTT setup guide can be found at documentation.meraki.com

Note: minimum firmware requirements for users to enable and receive MT data via MQTT include:

• MR - 28.6+ 

• MV - 4.16+ 

MQTT.jpeg

MT sensor data can be made available via MQTT by leveraging the MR or MV gateway to publish the data. The desired MQTT broker can be designated directly on the Environmental section of the Meraki dashboard. 

MQTT Brokers.jpg

DavidH_0-1645034873885.png

MQTT Topic Format

meraki/v1/mt/{locale_id}/ble/{sensor_mac}/{metric}

Sensor Metrics

temperaturehumiditywaterDetectiondoor

Sensor Health

batteryPercentageusbPoweredbuttonPressedcableConnectedprobeType

Note: documentation is currently not available on the Meraki Developer Hub, however it will be added in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Let us know what you think about these features in the comments below!

5 REPLIES 5
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

❤️

CJ_Ramsey
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Great job team! So happy to see this released.

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I really love the MQTT possibility here! Now I don't have to pull the dashboard to get my data.

I'm just a little bit sad about the configuration of the MQTT broker. We have the MQTT settings already in the Camera network, now we have to add the same settings again in the Environment network.
I think it would be better to move the MQTT settings to a network-wide configuration or even organization wide.

David-H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Greenberet glad to hear you love the MQTT possibility with MT!

Great suggestion about making the MQTT settings either network or organization wide. Would you mind clicking the "Give your feedback" button and writing the suggestion here? This will share directly with the development team for consideration. 

DavidH_0-1648484312097.png

I did that already, when It came out =D

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.