Get firmware version change log via API?

SuperM
Here to help

Get firmware version change log via API?

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to get firmware changelog information (see 1st image bellow) via API, or if not, is there an external link that can be accessed? Currently, you can only access it from within the dashboard.

SuperM_0-1711069354526.png

For context, I am trying to build a custom firmware notification system rather than relying on the generic Meraki email notifications (see image below). If anyone has done this before or knows of a public repository, please point me in that direction.

SuperM_1-1711069774084.png

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any way to pull the release notes via the API.

That said, I'll let those more well versed with the API confirm.

Another option you could look at is the Firmware feed from the Meraki community.

It supports both email and RSS subscription.

Firmware Upgrades Feed - The Meraki Community

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You cannot.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
LearningIsFun
Getting noticed

Be aware sometimes the notes within the email contain more/different information than dashboard changelog.

Do not expect all bugs or issues to be properly documented or disclosed - in either.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Firmware release notes are not exposed via any API endpoint, nor are they publicly accessible other than via the Dashboard itself.

They may be posted on the Community boards, but these is only provided as is by community members. Nothing from Meraki themselves.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.