Traffic analytics - Rogue camera streaming

Solved
JamesTOA
Here to help

Traffic analytics - Rogue camera streaming

Is there a way to detect wireless clients streaming video from a cell phone camera or tablet camera?

How would you go about restricting this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
sungod
Head in the Cloud

You'll only see a traffic category if it is detected. If the client is encrypting the video then it may well be ending up in the misc secure web bucket.

If your Meraki devices/firmware support NBAR, that can improve visibility, see this for full details...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Next-gen_Traffic_Anal...

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see a way to do this without having System Manager installed on the client's device (the restriction issue in this case), as for detecting who is streaming the video, I believe it is something that is not possible.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should be able to see the traffic in the Network Wide - Clients view, see below where I selected miscellaneous video from the pie chart:

cmr_0-1702924181831.png

It does also show the host connected to below the image shown above. 

Thanks for pointing that out, is that Rule detail a default rule or measurement, my Network Wide Clients view doesnt have a slice named like that, i have "Applications - Miscellaneous secure web" and of the pie chart slices, none are name Miscellaneous Video. Just wondering if its something we need to classify/setup or if our problematic client is getting filed under something else. Thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is how we have it currently.

JamesTOA_0-1702925826313.png

sungod
Head in the Cloud

You'll only see a traffic category if it is detected. If the client is encrypting the video then it may well be ending up in the misc secure web bucket.

If your Meraki devices/firmware support NBAR, that can improve visibility, see this for full details...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Next-gen_Traffic_Anal...

Thanks, thats some good content and i will review with my Network lead.

Appreaciate that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.