Short dashboard timeouts

MaineTechGuy
Conversationalist

Short dashboard timeouts

As an MSP with access to many organizations, the idle timeout settings for dashboard used to be based on the organization settings for the org that we had open.  Now, regardless of those org settings, we are seeing extremely short dashboard timeouts.  Is the shortest org timeout in our list of orgs possibly taking effect regardless of what org we have open?  This is really painful at the moment, just looking away for a few minutes seems to result in a logout.

9 Replies 9
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have also noticed this behavior this week.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It has been a real pain!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The issue for me is needing to use MFA each time I use the mobile app and that to times out very quickly. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

We've had the same, one of the guys opened a case yesterday.

So far today I've not been logged out...

Edit, just logged me out, session seemed to last longer than yesterday though

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

YES. My primary coworker and I both noticed this earlier this week. I opened a case and per the support rep their documentation says it's supposed to take the idle timer of the shortest org you have access to. He said that's the way it's always been. It was implied that perhaps a backend change had enabled what was always supposed to be the behavior.  He did comb through all of my orgs and found a couple that I was able to change, but I have one I'm not in charge of that is my main limiter.

If anyone from Meraki is watching here's my case number: 10942842. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

This was my suspicion, but I don't have any orgs with such a short timeout set.

If it's not fixed soon I'll be trying a script to keep refreshing pages to keep me logged in.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Can anyone from Meraki comment on this?

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Fwiw I've been ok since Tuesday.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Fun fact, if you navigate to an open case in one tab of your browser and leave it there, your session will never time out. Or at least that's been my experience, but we're a single org.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.