Deleting organization fails - Error message: Cannot delete organization - MDM domain is still bound

Solved
pjahn
Conversationalist

Deleting organization fails - Error message: Cannot delete organization - MDM domain is still bound

I am trying to delete an organization in Meraki. But I cannot do this. After entering my password and accepting a warning, I get the following error message: "Error! Failed with the following error(s): Cannot delete organization - MDM domain is still bound"

Here is a screenshot: Screenshot 2024-01-15 163859.png

How can I unbind the mentioned MDM domain?
Thank you for your help!

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Create an SM network, then go to Organisation > MDM and unbind your Google Play domain (it'll be a red button under the Android Enterprise heading). Then delete the SM network again and you should be able to delete the org.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Create an SM network, then go to Organisation > MDM and unbind your Google Play domain (it'll be a red button under the Android Enterprise heading). Then delete the SM network again and you should be able to delete the org.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go to Organization - MDM. There is an "Unenroll" button in the Android for Work section. After you do this, you should be able to set up Google as the EMM provider in the G Suite Admin Console.

Navigate to "Device Administrators" within the Settings application on each device and disable the Meraki SM app as a Device Administrator. Next, you will want to uninstall the Meraki SM app from each client. At this point, the devices should no longer be bound to Systems Manager. Additionally, if you would also like to remove the clients from your Dashboard, you can then also navigate to Systems Manager > Clients and select the devices and then use the "Delete" option. 

Original post: Meraki System Manager - Unbind Google EMM - The Meraki Community

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.