Automatically setting network time zones based on the local time zone?

Solved
Anthony_SCA
Here to help

Automatically setting network time zones based on the local time zone?

I'm working with an organization that has 60+ networks with cameras and most of those camera's time is off because it is based on a network template where the time zone is set to Los Angeles.

Is there a way for network time zones to automatically set based on the geographic location or do I need to manually set each time zone for the networks?

1 Accepted Solution
sungod
Head in the Cloud

You need to do it manually, best time is on initial network creation.

The TZ defaults to the template value but isn't bound to it, so you can change it without unbinding.

You could use the API to automate doing it, but for 60 networks it's probably quicker to do manually as it's a one-off.

Note that as well as the TZ, there is a separate Country/Region setting.

The Country/Region setting can autodetect based on public IP and equipment shipping details, but it is not always correct.

C/R setting determines wireless regulatory domain and possibly local compliance, make sure both TZ and C/R are set correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
sungod
Head in the Cloud

You need to do it manually, best time is on initial network creation.

The TZ defaults to the template value but isn't bound to it, so you can change it without unbinding.

You could use the API to automate doing it, but for 60 networks it's probably quicker to do manually as it's a one-off.

Note that as well as the TZ, there is a separate Country/Region setting.

The Country/Region setting can autodetect based on public IP and equipment shipping details, but it is not always correct.

C/R setting determines wireless regulatory domain and possibly local compliance, make sure both TZ and C/R are set correctly.

Thank you for the in-depth response! I was hoping there would be an easier way, but it shouldn't take that long to do manually as well. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.