Duplicate notifications

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Duplicate notifications

We use Office 365 for our email. 

For a long time I've have been getting duplicate email notifications from the community.   I suspect it is Office 365.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so what email platform are you using? 

8 Replies 8
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm not seeing duplicates in G Suite.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

Same here! ok, so its not just me. i went and turned off all the notifications because i was getting annoyed. 

@Dylan_YYC which email system so you use ? 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Strange! I’ll see if this is a known issue with our community platform provider. Are you receiving two HTML emails or perhaps one is plaintext?

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also, I am going to move this over to the “Community Tips and Tricks” board since that is meant for community-related topics. Cheers!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dylan_YYC and @PhilipDAth - could you each send me sample duplicate email notifications (via email) so I can investigate further? Philip, you know my email address, and, Dylan, I'll PM it to you.

Thanks!

@CarolineS it hasn't happened today for me.  I'll wait for the next occurence.

Just looking back on some of them, the ones I looked at are very slightly different.  I wonder if it is people editing posts, and correct spelling and typos.  I'll see with the next one.

@PhilipDAth - I have a suspicion that it's just that - edits to posts inadvertently generating new emails, even though they shouldn't. There's a known issue with the community platform around that, but it sounds like it can be resolved with some workarounds. So let me know when you get a dupe! I know.... I'll edit this post a couple of times and maybe it will generate a dupe for you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.