The Points Contest has returned!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

points-contest_email.png

The Points Contest is BACK and better than ever! The rules are the same, but the prizes are even prize-ier!

For the next four weeks (today through April 2nd), you’ll earn points just for participating in community discussions. The more points you earn, the more chances you have to win some fantastic prizes.

Details below!

How it works

Just like in our previous Points Contests, starting today, certain actions you take in the community will earn you points. Those points will enter you to win a smattering of Meraki-branded prizes. You needn’t opt in — simply taking one of these point-earning actions will do:

• Reply to any topic or blog post — 5 points
  • Start a topic (e.g. ask a question, pose a discussion point) — 5 points

To optimize the bang for your buck, writing high-quality posts can earn you even more points:

• Receive a kudo — 7 points
  • Write an answer that gets marked as a solution — 10 points

As you can see, the more helpful your action to the community, the more points you receive!

There are 3 tiers that you can reach based on the number of points you amass. Within each tier, at the end of the month, we’ll randomly select winners to receive swag as outlined below:

• Tier 1 requires 30 points and will have 50 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a multi-charger cable and an “I Cloud Manage” sticker

multi-charger cablemulti-charger cable .                    "I Cloud Manage" sticker"I Cloud Manage" sticker
  • Tier 2 requires 100 points and will have 25 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a multi-charger cable, an “I Cloud Manage” sticker, and a pair of Meraki socks

multi-charger cablemulti-charger cable          "I Cloud Manage" sticker"I Cloud Manage" sticker           Meraki socksMeraki socks

• Tier 3 requires 200 points and will have 10 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a multi-charger cable, an “I Cloud Manage” sticker, a pair of Meraki socks, AND an MT sensor w/ 5-year license

multi-charger cablemulti-charger cable          "I Cloud Manage" sticker"I Cloud Manage" sticker           Meraki socksMeraki socks

Meraki MT SensorMeraki MT Sensor.           

AND, just like last round, everyone who earns enough points to achieve any tier will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE of a brand new MV32 HW (with 5-year license)! Reaching Tier 1 gets you 1 entry, Tier 2 doubles your entries and… (guess what!?) Tier 3 triples your entries to win!

That means that, over the course of this month, you could write just 6 replies or author just 3 solutions anywhere in the community and be entered to win one of these:Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.49.47 PM.png

How will I know how I’m doing?

To keep you all up to date on your progress, every Friday (starting next week) I’ll post a list of everyone who has reached Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.

When are the winners chosen?

On April 2nd at 10 am PDT, the contest will end. We’ll then randomly select winners for each tier (50 for Tier 1, 25 for Tier 2, and 10 for Tier 3) and we’ll also draw the lucky winner of the GRAND PRIZE.

We’ll announce each of the winners here, so be sure to stay tuned!

More details:

• Promotion period: Thursday, March 4th, 2021 at 9am PST through Friday April 2nd, 2021 at 9:59am PDT
  • Up to three possible entries per community member: Each time you progress a tier, your entry remains in the tier below as well (meaning more chances to win stuff!). If you are randomly selected to win in two or three separate tiers, you’ll receive only the prize from the highest level tier. If you are selected to receive the Grand Prize, this will be in addition to any tier-level prizes.
  • Shipping limitations: We can only ship prizes to residents of these Eligible Countries 
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here
26 Comments
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Cool 😎, then let's collect Kudos!

Cody2
Conversationalist

Cody1
Here to help

I'd rock the meraki socks!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Replacement socks! my cloud socks are starting to wear thing because they are so comfy!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Still waiting for my Meraki hoodie 😉

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson 🌚 FACTS! 

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Let the Point Hunt BEGIN!

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

Is it possible to get socks for my whole company instead of the MV32 if I win the grand prize?

CarolineS
Community Manager

@AutomationDude we might be able to accommodate that! Depends how big your company is :-). We can discuss if/when you win!

AStoddard
Getting noticed

Part of me was hoping Tier 3 would get 4 entries, just to throw people off!

LibertyM01
Conversationalist

I am giving away my own prizes to a anyone who comments or gives kudos to my posts! 😀

dufour_francois
Here to help

Great !

dufour_francois
Here to help

hello

i have finish the last challenge and i don't have any sticker ? 

It' s normal i like your stickers !

BrianDC
New here

Ready to go!

Antonio_Ruiz
Here to help

think the fisheye camera go to 2058x2058 that its great a lot info...  i not clear how the meraki fisheye camera get the power from? its a battery ?

Massimiliano
Conversationalist

Hi, I dream all my kids wearing those Meraki socks! Ehm, by the way, I'm father of seven.... Let's start grabbing kudos!!!

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

My company is small.  Myself and 2 part time employees.  2 pair of socks would cover us, one pair for me, and a sock for each employee!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

>think the fisheye camera go to 2058x2058 that its great a lot info...  i not clear how the meraki fisheye camera get the power from? its a battery ?

It uses PoE (or you can also use a coax PoE injector).  So you normally need a PoE switch or a PoE injector.

Antonio_Ruiz
Here to help

What a D@y.... Installing Meraki Switch's and AP's.... FUN...tastic day!!! - Salu2 Raza!

Abhijith
Here to help

Cool.. Start counting..😃

JakeSchoeder
New here

I am “In It To Win It!!”  and to learn and share from this community!!

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

I am late to this thread 😞 

Antonio_Ruiz
Here to help

Meraki firewall deployment woooohoooo!!! tomorrow!! - 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

So winners announced for Tier 1 already ?

CarolineS
Community Manager

@Inderdeep we'll announce the winners at the end of the 4-week long contest. The contest ends April 2, and winners will be announced shortly thereafter!

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the update @CarolineS