Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

meraki-communities_spring-cleaning_2019 (1).png

It’s time for our April Member spotlight!

For this Member Spotlight, we chose to recognize @Inderdeep. Since joining back in 2020, he's written 241 posts, received 120 kudos, and authored 7 solutions. He's been so helpful lately that he's even snagged the elusive Top Kudoed Authors spot on the leaderboard!

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.52.46 AM.png

Congratulations!

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.54.12 AM.png

Tell us a little bit about your background.

First of all, it is my pleasure to be a part of this awesome community.

I started my career with regional service provider in India as a Network Engineer back in 2006. Most of the time, I worked in routing and switching and learnt a lot about Cisco Technologies. I moved to various roles across service providers and vendor companies. I worked on various portfolios which included Data center, Security and Routing. I dreamt about Cisco and wanted to work with them. Luckily, I got that opportunity in 2016 when I joined Cisco and worked as an SE for Enterprise and Public sector. I even got a chance to work on Meraki. So basically, I am an Ex-Cisco Guy 🙂

I moved to Canada and joined a Financial organization where I am currently leading Cisco Technologies including an awesome product called Meraki. It’s fun deploying and watching things.

Apart from my professional journey, I love to interact with people and learn about technologies. So, I started writing blogs to share knowledge with people. My blog even got an award by Cisco as The Most Educational Blog in Cisco IT Blogs awards 2020.

I like to be in touch with tech guys and would love to connect with you over LinkedIn, Twitter.

What brought you to the community and what keeps you coming back?

I am a part of many vendor communities and observe real pain points of technologies. I provide solutions and ask questions when I face challenges while implementing and troubleshooting issues. As I started working on Cisco Meraki, I learnt many new things. I joined Community platform to learn new things and the best thing i saw in this community which i never saw anywhere else is the response time of the members. It is amazing to see the leaders helping people especially @PhilipDAth, @DarrenOC, @cmr@BrandonS, and @Bruce. I am fully motivated with the way things turn around here. I would like to thank all the community members and Managers for their support.

What IT project that you’ve worked on in your career are you most proud of or was the most memorable?

I love working with Next Generation Networks which is why I deployed Cisco Viptela SDWAN, Cisco SD Access, Cisco ACI and Meraki MX. Every deployment is different and gives a lot of learning experience. I am proud to be part of such big deployments.

What are you looking forward to in the world of IT in 2021?

I think the new direction is SASE and Automation. Innovation is happening day to day; technology is changing very frequently. I am looking forward to IOT, SASE and Automation in 2021.

Thanks, @InderdeepWant to nominate one of your fellow community members for next month's spotlight? Submit your nomination here!

15 Comments
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

Thanks a lot @MeredithW and all the team members of this community 💚

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Huge congrats @Inderdeep

keep up your efforts. Great posting. Well done

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC : Thank you sir !

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Great work @Inderdeep! What is your award winning blog site?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Well done @Inderdeep !

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@KRobert : Thank you sir. Nothing posted there related to Meraki Yet 🙂 

The Blogs are 

Cisco Award
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth :Thank you sir 👒

NetworkDemon
Getting noticed

Congratulations !

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@NetworkDemon : Thank you Sir !

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Great work @Inderdeep 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@Bruce @Thank you sir 

rwiesmann
A model citizen

@Inderdeep well done and congratulation!

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@rwiesmann @Thank you !

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

You're really hitting the sweet spot(s) of this forum @Inderdeep! Great to having you with us and thanks for your insights.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@CptnCrnch @Thanks a lot !