Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

meraki-communities_spring-cleaning_2019 (1).png

It’s time for our July Member spotlight!

For our fourth Member Spotlight, we chose to recognize @AjitKumar. Over the past 17 months, Ajit has written 250 posts, received 256 kudos, and contributed 47 solutions.

Congrats Ajit!

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 2.49.05 PM.png

Tell us a little bit about your background.

This is Ajit from India.

I have been exploring IT Industry from past 18+ years now (which I love more with time). During this period I got the opportunity to work on various technologies, holding several different kinds of roles. Had a few IT certifications too.

Close to a decade back I was introduced to OD2 and I latched on to Meraki. Sales, Presales, Integration, Deployment. What not? Initial years were very tough. However we could create few good opportunities for Meraki in Hospitality and Educational Industries In India. Later on Founders Sanjit Biswas and others moved on as Cisco acquired Meraki. Again we had a tough year as prior to this we were exclusive and now there is pool of Experts and Partners.

We were new to Cisco World.

One fine day magic happened for me - I got an Invitation from Meraki for Masters Programme at SF HQ. Awesome believe me this was a Magical. I could meet the whole of the Meraki Team including Todd. Folks again Magic @PhilipDAth  happened to be my Masters batch-mate (I was not aware of his profile that time though, if I knew I would have tried spending more time with him). Truly he's a great motivation and source of inspiration.

As of today I am working for Syndicate Technologies (www.syndicateinfo.com) integrating Meraki / Non-Meraki IT infrastructure solutions and I enjoy this!!!

How does the community help you in your day-to-day work?

I am glued to the Meraki Community. Perhaps a fool too. Every moment I used to refresh the community page on my laptop and mobile waiting for new queries until one day @CarolineS educated me to use the subscription option. For me community is the source of exploring technologies. Understanding more on whats happening world wide. I am able to meet new members @BrechtSchamp , @jdsilva , @BlakeRichardson , @Uberseehandel , @NolanHerring , @ww , @MarcP , @kYutobi , @Adam  (who is not active now a days, hope he will join us soon). They all are inspiration for me and certainly of great help in improving my knowledge and overall as a resource.

I sincerely “thank you everyone”.

What’s your advice to folks looking to move to the next level in their Meraki / networking knowledge?

One statement: “join the Meraki Community and be an active member”.

What would you say to those who haven’t yet gotten involved with the community?

If you haven't got involved with the community, then start with your first post. Start reading threads and see if you can contribute ideas or help. After you hang out in the community you find that there a many ways to accomplish the same thing and its very interesting to see those ideas from different members. You also find out about how new features of Meraki equipment are being used and maybe how you could be using them.

Please please please Join. The is an awesome place with great people.

I must also congratulate and thank the Community Team and Managers. You folks are managing the community in the best possible manner.

Thanks, Ajit! Want to nominate one of your fellow community members for next month's spotlight? Submit your nomination here!

10 Comments