🎁 🍰 🎈 Happy 1st Birthday, Meraki Community! 🎈 🍰 🎁

CarolineS
Community Manager

MerakiCommunity-EmailBanner-1stBirthday.png

It’s hard to believe that our little community is 1 year old today. And what a year it has been!

In our first year, we’ve amassed over 20,000 pieces of content posted by over 3,000 individuals. We have had 1.3 MILLION page views from all over the world.

1-Members.png2-Topics.png3-Replies.png4-Kudos.png5-PageViews.png

But we’re not just stats. Allow me to reminisce a little... remember our lost gnome, or when we gained our first dog community member? And how about the cat door powered by Meraki, and the amazing before-and-after pictures from the Spring Cleaning contest?!

gnome-snacks.jpg  Photo by Mr_IT_GuyPhoto by Mr_IT_Guy  Image by MichelRugerImage by MichelRuger  Photos by iHoodyPhotos by iHoody

More seriously, we also very much appreciate all of the feedback you have all provided over the course of the year (yes, even the IPv6 thread) as well as the amazing support and technical advice you all have provided for each other. A few standout threads: WPA2 Vulnerabilities, β€œKRACK”, VU#2285191 with over 28,000(!!) views, Meraki VPN Client with 9,900 views, and vMX100 Azure Cloud with 123 replies. Wow!

Of course, you, our community members, say it best. Here’s one of my favorite quotes from our latest feedback survey:

The Meraki community is just... FUNTASTIC! I have never been a part of a community which is so diverse yet knowledgeable in all aspects of technology not just networking!!!!

Let's Celebrate!

Although 10,000+ members is too many to invite to our birthday party, we do have a party favor for you all... BADGES! Each community member who joined in our first year will get a profile badge showing off your early-adopter status (stay tuned; the badge will appear later today!).

MerakiCommunity-Badge-1stBirthday.png

We're also having a party here in the office; I'll post pictures this afternoon! (UPDATE: Here are the pictures!)

Year 1 Awards 

We'd also like to recognize some stand-out contributors from our first year with our Year 1 awards. Each of you will receive an awesome metal astronaut pin as a small token of our appreciation.

astronaut-pin.jpg

πŸ† MVP πŸ†

mvp.pngIt goes without saying that @PhilipDAth has been a huge part of the success of this community’s first year. With over 3,000 posts (that’s an average of 8 a day!!!), 1,200 kudos, and almost 200 solutions, Philip has generously lent his time and expertise to all of us here. THANK YOU, PHILIP!

🍻The Regulars 🍻

Some of you have been helping out consistently this entire year, and you've become familiar faces around here. Please join me in thanking and congratulating these 35 members who have posted in 8 or more of the past 12 months.

ww.png

πŸ‘The Kudosers πŸ‘

Ok, β€œkudosers” isn’t a word, but maybe it should be. Many thanks to our 24 top kudos-givers for encouraging the community with their kudosy feedback! (24 is in honor of the 12 months we've been around!)

πŸ’š MVMs (Most Valuable Merakians) πŸ’š

We'd be remiss if we didn't recognize the folks here at Meraki who have shared their expertise with the community. Many thanks to our top ten Merakian members of the Meraki Community (as measured by number of posts)! Your contributions have been invaluable.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this community over the past year. We can’t wait to see what the next one brings!

πŸ’š πŸ₯‚ 🎈 🍰 🎁 πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‰
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MERAKI COMMUNITY!
πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‚ 🎁 🍰 🎈 πŸ₯‚ πŸ’š

P.S. A quick logistical note β€” if your name was mentioned in this post, stay tuned for an email from me to confirm the mailing address for your astronaut pin. Here's the picture of it yet again, because it's so fabulous.

astronaut-pin.jpg

55 Comments
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Woohoo! Happy birthday!

I think the only thing missing from this post was a huge thanks to @CarolineS for all her work in maintaining these forums. Give yourself a pat on the back! πŸ™‚

CarolineS
Community Manager

Aw, thanks @jdsilva! I did give myself an astronaut pin already πŸ™‚

WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Happy Birthday, Meraki Community!!!! You're all wonderful. 

P.S. I knew I smelled badges...

CarolineS
Community Manager

@WadeAlsup - you were indeed prescient! But did you smell REAL LIFE ASTRONAUT BADGES? :-). 

WadeAlsup
A model citizen

I sure didn't @CarolineS, you're always full of surprises! Thanks for crafting such a fine community site!

Ben
A model citizen

Happy bday!! As @jdsilva said a huge kudo/thanks/... to @CarolineS and all the other Merakians for setting up and maintaining the community!

I Just got back from my holiday and ready to kick ass!

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

*** Happy Birthday Meraki Community***

I am so so so happy to be part of this celebration!!!

Chris_M
Getting noticed

Thanks! I enjoyed the community and the collaboration that we shared. Thank you for setting up the Community!

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Happy Birthday!  Congrats to @PhilipDAth

NFL0NR
Getting noticed

A year old already... or older if you were in the beta πŸ˜‰

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

@CarolineS, you've made this community a great place to be and be a part of. Thanks for your hard work and due diligence.

To all the community members, thanks for all the posts, discussions, pictures, ideas, etc. 

Mike_Rapp
Getting noticed

Happy Birthday to this community board. Keep up the good work. I have learned a lot just by reading the posts here and hope to learn much more in the future.  

Olga_D
Just browsing
Happy Birthday Meraki Community!
Adam
Kind of a big deal

The community has been growing rapidly due to the hard work and great participation of the members and Meraki staff.  I look forward to continuing to be part of it. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Congrats everyone and well done on making the forum such a welcoming and helpful place. 

CarolineS
Community Manager

Shhhh.... don't tell my coworkers. We have the MOST. AWESOME. CAKE. EVER. for our party at 4pm! (in just over 2 hours). 

IMG_2520.JPG

Rg196h
Comes here often

Happy bday to us all in Meraki Community!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki community has thrived due to the efforts of so many (and thanks @CarolineS for calling out all those mentions).  With any luck we can resist assimilation with the Borg, and keep the community independent.

I would also like to thank FedEx. They spent a lot of time delivering swag.  My FedEx delivery guy now knows me personally, and although he doesn't know why, he has recognised he visits every month. 

BradMac
Conversationalist
I was thinking geesh another freaking birthday, then I saw the cake and I'm like Happy Birthday everyone! πŸ™‚
G_ControlScan
Here to help

Congrats, keep the data coming.

mcwit
Comes here often

Happy 1st Birthday to all in Meraki Community!

Alessandro
Comes here often
Congrats Meraki Community !!!
snayan
Just browsing

Congratulations

Jerome_T
Conversationalist

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to our Meraki Community!

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Hi Meraki Team Hi Caroline,

It makes a lot of Fun to be part of this Team. It is great to see what has been done in the first Year.

Let go continue this way and we will be the biggest community of Cisco if we are 5 Year old πŸ™‚

Regards Michel Rueger the Swiss part of the Community Smiley Happy

nealgs
Building a reputation

Only joined a couple of days ago - hopefully just squeezed into the 1 yr early adopter - lol πŸ™‚

Didn't realise these forums had only been around for such a short period of time considering the number of posts and replies and views - good job community - keep it up.

and a big Well done to all @Team Meraki too

Gary

Pedro
Getting noticed

Congratulations Meraki community !!!

We here in Brazil are very happy with the solution. And we will continue forever!

Congratulations CarolineS !

JaiminPatel
Here to help

Congratulations Meraki community and Happy Birthday.......!!!!

MarcoLisboa
Comes here often

Congratulations Meraki Community and keep up the amazing work!!!

Philip_N
Comes here often

Happy Birthday to the Community! How time flies! I look forward to many more posts and sharing of valuable information! Party time!!!

Trisha
Here to help

Happy happy Birthday Community, keep up the fun times. Now PARTY!!!!

JT1
Conversationalist

Happy 1st Birthday!!!Happy 1st Birthday!!!

adymeblack
Conversationalist

I think your time would be better spent implementing IPV6 then worrying about the age of the community.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

image.png

CarolineS
Community Manager

The promised photos of our in-office celebration! Wish you all could have been there... maybe next year πŸ™‚

Astronaut Cake & CupcakesAstronaut Cake & Cupcakes

All ready to party!All ready to party!

Astronaut pins & bubbles - the makings of an excellent celebrationAstronaut pins & bubbles - the makings of an excellent celebration

Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you....

Miss Dixie would really like some cakeMiss Dixie would really like some cake

BradB
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

As part of the celebration, we raised a glass to all of you, the members of the Meraki Community. Though we sometimes casually refer to the "Community" as a place, it's the group of people that really make a community, and you all have made it welcoming, informative, and fun over the past year. Thank you for a great first year, and we're super excited about what's ahead!

CarolineS
Community Manager

Your pins are in the mail! Here's our team working hard to get them all packed up (fueled by homemade oatmeal cookies πŸͺ).

IMG_2549.JPG

strat
Here to help

Congrats to everyone who contributes to make this space so useful!

I need to visit more. So much valuable stuff here I am missing out on πŸ™‚

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Got my pin. Thanks!IMG_20180828_132943.jpg

CarolineS
Community Manager

@jdsilva - woohoo! FedEx international continually impresses me!!

Trisha
Here to help

Very awesome

Trisha
Here to help

Miss Dixie has a cool shirt I haz a cookie for her we keep doggie cookies on handz here at the drive thru

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

I'm a bit slow posting.  I got mine a couple of days ago.

IMG_20180829_090813.jpg

SeanBrady
New here

So, essentially IPv6 support and the ongoing demands for it have become something of a joke at Meraki? Pardon me for not finding the humor in our customer's functionality being hobbled thanks to a poor choice of network equipment.

We're pretty far beyond jokes on this. Not only is this basic functionality for most gear these days, it's a requirement for many customers and services that we as vendors can't meet while you string us along, and now make jokes at our expense.

Happy birthday - I hope I'm not still a vendor that has to have jokes made at my expense (quite literally) by the time the second one rolls around.

CarolineS
Community Manager

Hi @SeanBrady - 

You're totally right, the reference to the IPv6 thread in our celebratory birthday post was in poor taste. We had meant it to illustrate that we appreciate all of the feedback that we get, both positive and negative. But, I shouldn't have chosen that particular thread. Thank you for pointing that out. 

Regards,

- Caroline

CarolineS
Community Manager

Wondering what to do with your awesome new astronaut pin? I have mine on my work bag! (Pictured here in the Meraki bike room; it's a bike pannier).

DlOj_5BUwAAa_5f

Chris_M
Getting noticed

@CarolineS

I understand why you chose the IPv6 thread and I have faith Meraki will support it, just hope sooner rather than later.

I got my pin and notebook! Looks neat and time to find a place for that pin though...

@PhilipDAth

Nice socks, too bad Winter is ending down there. Its getting a little cooler in the Northern Hemisphere.

SeanBrady
New here

Actually, as it turns out that post has been quite helpful to move along the subject of replacing your equipment with an important client, so I appreciate it. Your team's failure to implement a basic feature that has been supported by desktop computers for 15 years now, not to mention every iPhone ever made, has been holding up the deployment of a next gen communications system for them. It was nice to be able to email them a link and show them just how deep your commitment is to providing this critical building block of this new system. Now we have a meeting scheduled to discuss moving forward with a gear upgrade first.

Much appreciated!

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee

Thanks @CarolineS great post and info!  Proud to be a part of this awesome community!

Kevin1
Here to help

No Pin Yet 😞

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Hi Caroline,

Just got my PIN.

Thanks very much.

I Also put it on my working back.

Meraki PIN.jpgMeraki pin2.jpg

CarolineS
Community Manager

@Kevin1 - I PM'd you! Check your community inbox.

Mongskee
Conversationalist

@CarolineS

FOUND THE GNOME!

Christian_Lopez
Comes here often

"I FOUND THE GNOME!" 

CarolineS
Community Manager

@Christian_Lopez - well spotted! But this isn’t the post he was hiding in - he was hiding in a post in Product and Technology Discussions.