Community Platform Update: Adjustments after our redesign

CarolineS
Community Manager

At the beginning of April, we launched our redesigned community, designed to fit in with the Meraki dashboard look & feel (Read the announcement:  And we're live! New community look & feel is here! ).

Now we have our first round of adjustments / bug fixes after that launch, based on your feedback and our own testing.

The main changes are:

• Fix the wrapping in Latest Topics
  • Fix the wrapping in Leaderboards
  • Adjustments to blog post pages

Visuals below.

Fix the wrapping in Latest Topics

Previously, "Latest Topics" looked pretty strange at some screen widths and on SafariPreviously, "Latest Topics" looked pretty strange at some screen widths and on Safari Looks a lot better now!Looks a lot better now!

Fix the wrapping in Leaderboards

Previously, leaderboards wrapped oddly on Safari and at some screen widths (Screenshot from our development site)Previously, leaderboards wrapped oddly on Safari and at some screen widths (Screenshot from our development site) No awkward wrapping!No awkward wrapping!

Adjustments to blog post pages

Previously, labels on blog posts were strangely aligned, and the "lock" icon had a small corner cut out of itPreviously, labels on blog posts were strangely aligned, and the "lock" icon had a small corner cut out of it
Labels properly aligned / "lock" icon fixedLabels properly aligned / "lock" icon fixed

Stay tuned for more changes. And keep the feedback coming! Please add feedback to this thread: Feedback on the new look & feel?.

8 Comments
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Meredith will have nothing to do (when she returns) after all your hard work.

CarolineS
Community Manager

@PhilipDAth I wish Meredith was coming back! It's Amy who is on parental leave; and never fear, there will be plenty for her to do 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Doh!

CloudStrife
Getting noticed

Looking good champs!

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Love it.
Thanks to everyone involved for all of the hard work.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

To be honest i'm not a massive fan of the new look.  I'm a middle aged grumpy old bloke but here's my feedback:

- its not obvious as to which post is the Solution.  The thin green line around the post isn't obvious enough

- Rendering on a mobile device isn't pretty

- Difficult to identify new posts to ones which i've already read - everything looks to be in the same font and boldness?

CarolineS
Community Manager

@DarrenOC  - thank you for the feedback! Would you mind DM'ing me a couple of screenshots of the specific pages in mobile you're talking about?

We are working on a solution for marking posts as read in a more obvious way.

Regarding "which post is the solution" - agreed that it's awfully subtle! I'll discuss with our designers.

Cheers!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Hey @CarolineS - just sent you a couple of screenshots.