vMX Deployment on GCP (The vMX device is not coming online in Meraki Dashboard)

Taiga
Comes here often

vMX Deployment on GCP (The vMX device is not coming online in Meraki Dashboard)

Hello All,

This is my first time setting up vMX on the GCP but I'm having some problems for the deployment.

vMX Setup Guide for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - Cisco Meraki

I've followed the above guide while deploying and the vMX is not coming online even after waiting for recommended period. I have a valid license for the vMX and already registered on our dashboard. The token generation is also okay. 

But the licenses are showing as invalidated because vMX(LIC-ENT) doesn't have advanced security license and our meraki network uses advanced security license. I'm not sure that is the problem or not but I'm worry that I might be missing some steps on GCP side during the deployment. There is not tutorial videos or whatsoever on youtube as well rather than AWS and Azure. Any ideas on this would be helpful for me.

Thank you all in advance.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the documentation?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Installation_Guides/vMX_Setup_Guide_for_Google_Cloud_Platform...)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, I'm doing while following it.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have never done a deployment to GCP.

What you could try is - as soon as you can see the appliance has been allocated a public IP address - point your web browser at it to see if you can access the local status page.  This will often tell you what the problem is.

A common issue I find in other clouds is internal DNS has been configured (such as Active Directory) and that is not able to resolve DNS lookups correctly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.