airplay AppleTV & bonjour forwarding

Solved
Stangr
Conversationalist

airplay AppleTV & bonjour forwarding

we've set up our Apple TVs in a separate vlan30 with just access to the internet.

We're wanting them to be able to connect to the internet for updates, but not to our internal network.

all of them are connecting to access points and being dropped into that vlan30.

from a wired Mac on a different vlan50 I'm not seeing any Apple TVs when I go to screen mirroring.

Which is what I'm expecting and when I do a packet capture on that vlan50 I don't see and bonjour traffic(mDNS) for them.

We're in Bridged Mode and I've Disabled Bonjour forwarding in the SSID.

From a Mac attached to an access point on vlan50 I see all of my AppleTVs and from a packet capture see all of the mDNS packets being broadcast.

we're trying to reduce the list to just the local bluetooth range and not from the local network

Seems that my Access Points are forwarding Bonjour still.

Is there somewhere / something else to check?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dont know why you see it. But you could try using the wireless firewall on that vlan30 ssid and deny any port 5353

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dont know why you see it. But you could try using the wireless firewall on that vlan30 ssid and deny any port 5353

Stangr
Conversationalist

Thanks for your help!

I was able to filter out the mDNS from vlan30 by using the firewall.

Still not sure why the Bonjour Forwarding seems to still be forwarding the packets to the other vlans, but the bottom line is it's working as expected now - thanks again! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.