VPN client connection on MX series causes web and LAN connection to malfunction

Solved
YannVox
New here

VPN client connection on MX series causes web and LAN connection to malfunction

New VPN clients configured on a Windows 10 machine Windows 10 Professional, Version 21H2, are experiencing a problem with web browsing and traffic.
The connection to the VPN works normally. But then the web browsing stops working and the network behaves abnormally. Remote access to other sites also stops working.
As soon as the VPN is disconnected, the web connection is restored.
Currently, 2 VPN clients are experiencing this problem.
Both are recent PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11 Pro X64.
As far as I know, all other VPN clients already configured and a bit older do not have this problem.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's looks fine, so try to update Windows, otherwise try to open a case with Meraki support.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using L2TP?

On VPN configuration > TCP/IPv4 > Advanced, disable default gateway to remote network or something like that:

alemabrahao_0-1664370114452.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

YannVox
New here

Thank you for your answer. Yes I am using L2TP IPSEC protocol with preshared key.

I have disabled the default gateway as shown. This solves part of the problem with the VPV connection established, my internet connection is OK. But on the other hand access to my Lan and to remote VPN sites does not work. The ping on my remote application server gives nothing.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The VPN Client is being advertised on Auto VPN? If yes, It can be a Windows issue. Try to update Windows.

YannVox
New here

On auto VPN? What does it mean?
I don't understand.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao_0-1664373184319.png

How is your configuration?

Here are the VPN settings :

YannVox_0-1664374501486.png

We are not in automatic.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's looks fine, so try to update Windows, otherwise try to open a case with Meraki support.

YannVox
New here

Very good, thank you for your advice.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.