New MR74 is registered with FCC Domain and not working in Costa Rica

SOLVED
bjincosta
Here to help

New MR74 is registered with FCC Domain and not working in Costa Rica

I live in Costa Rica.  I just bought a new MR74 to add to my network.  As I use a freight forwarding service, the radio was sent to a US address on the way to Costa Rica and therefore apparently has an FCC Domain.

When I try to add it to my existing network, I get the following message:

Cannot add an FCC (US) regulatory domain to a SUTEL (CR) regulatory domain network. Add to a new network or change your network's country/region on the 'Radio settings' page.

Is there any workaround other than trying to create a separate network for this one radio?

Gracias!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Create a new temporary network.  Move the AP to it.  You should get the same warning but also an option to change the regulatory domain.  Once changed move the AP back to the original network and delete the temporary network.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Create a new temporary network.  Move the AP to it.  You should get the same warning but also an option to change the regulatory domain.  Once changed move the AP back to the original network and delete the temporary network.

Hi Philip,

Does this solution still work?  Just got a new radio and am trying the same process...  but now it just seems to add the radio to the temporary network without asking about changing the regulatory domain.

actually, it worked fine.  sorry to be a bit slow!

ScottBussell
Here to help

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.