MR failover

Dieghitoo77
Here to help

MR failover

we have more AP in a Branch Office and we configured a guest SSID with Wireless Concentrator in DC, we have a question:

when AP changes the WAN to establish the tunnel? what are the criteria? is it possible to choose these criteria?

thank you

Diego

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not the AP that changes the WAN. The AP only sends IP packets towards the concentrator address. The perimeter device (firewall) decides how to handle this packet.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The wireless concentrator mode can only use one concentrator for each AP, it would make much more sense to allow a secondary concentrator to be configured, similar to HA firewalls or SD-WAN hubs.  I would raise a request for this if that is what you want.

hi, we have this problem, when we enable load balancing in the MX, the AP doesn't work properly with wireless concentrator mode, the tunnel is not established.

the wireless concentrator is in DC and the perimeter FW of the data centre is configured in PAT mode, the MX is in passthrough mode

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Its  now possible to select a secondary concentrator

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed, I wonder when that got added in!

cmr_0-1651577890514.png

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr wrote:

Indeed, I wonder when that got added in!

There is a friendly guy who regularly posts the release-notes. I would ask him! 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.