MG21E dataplan

Solved
NorwegianFrog
Here to help

MG21E dataplan

Hey,

Has anyone ever had problems with certain dataplans when it comes to simcards? For some reason, with the same simcard, one dataplan works and another one doesn't. The thing is, I kinda need it on the dataplan that doesn't work.

I've been in contact with my ISP, and they said that I needed to set a certain APN for this dataplan. I did that, in the local status page, but it's still not working.

I am trying to figure out if it's the ISP I need to keep in contact with, or if it's something Meraki can help me with. 

There is one thing the ISP mentioned, and that was that the MG21E tried to connect with the correct APN at a specific time, but the tries before and after was with the standard APN, which then would fail. 

I did not change the APN back to standard, it's always been at what they recommended me. 

The dataplan for it is the same we use on plenty of Z3C's(without problem).

1 Accepted Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd attempt to test the SIM on another cellular device to see if it's working; If it isn't the issues at the ISP end and not Meraki.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd attempt to test the SIM on another cellular device to see if it's working; If it isn't the issues at the ISP end and not Meraki.

I've been going back and forth with my ISP, and it looks like they finally figured out the problem. To my understanding, it felt like the APN was more stricter on an MG rather than MX, so the ISP had to do something there. They did something now just this morning, and it's working perfectly

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.