MG21 firmware

SOLVED
harmankardon
Getting noticed

MG21 firmware

Hi all,

The dashboard tells me MG 1.9 is the latest stable firmware for MG21, released Dec 2019. That seems pretty old in the Meraki world. I see there is MG 1.11 beta available, released in Jun 17 2021, and that seems for a long time for firmware to be in beta.

Does anyone have any experience with MG 1.9 firmware vs MG 1.11 firmware on the MG21? Wondering if that lack of a more recent beta version means that MG 1.11 is fairly stable and might go to stable RC at some point.

We've had a few issues with MG units falling offline and/or not connecting (same cellular carrier used for all of our MG units), so I am considering trying MG 1.11, curious how others have made out with MG 1.11 firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm not sure why 1.11 has been beta for so long. That said I'd absolutely use that as it contains a ton of fixes and improvements over 1.9.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm not sure why 1.11 has been beta for so long. That said I'd absolutely use that as it contains a ton of fixes and improvements over 1.9.

I see MG 1.11 showing as stable release candidate now, thought it was showing as beta earlier but perhaps I got it mixed up.

I had trouble getting a MG21 running 1.9 connected to cellular today, so decided to use safe mode to upgrade it to 1.11 as per your recommendation and it connected to cellular the moment the upgrade finished. Think I'll be sticking with 1.11 going forward, thanks @Ryan_Miles .

yeah 1.11 just got moved to rc and hopefully will go stable soon.

MG 1.11 is now stable

Excellent, thanks for the update. We are running 1.11 on all our MG21 devices now, so far so good.

Upgraded my MG21 from 1.9 to 1.11 dashboard says everything is OK but the status LED continues flashing white 15 minutes after the upgrade. 

I would have expected it to go solid purple.

Is that your experience

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.