How to get a SIM from Verizon

CraigCummings
Getting noticed

How to get a SIM from Verizon

What magic words do we need to use to get someone at Verizon to activate a SIM for the MG21E?  After spending 7+ hours on the phone, my customer finally got them to send her a SIM card, but we still have no connection to Verizon from the MG.  The dashboard just shows the Provider as +COPS: 2

When we call Verizon support, they seem completely bewildered about this device.  The guy I spoke with yesterday didn't seem to grasp the difference between WiFi and cellular networks.  The promised call back from Tier 2 never happened.  Today, they just hung up on her. 

It would be really nice if Meraki could just send an order form over to Verizon or AT&T when we buy one of these vs. us having to do battle with the utterly clueless tier 1 reps.  We've had the MG21E for a month now and we can't make any progress at all with Verizon. 

1 REPLY 1
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is is that VZW is asking for the MG21 IMEI and it's not accepted/recognized in their system? If so, open a Meraki Support case so we can escalate that over to VZW. I've not seen that issue happen in a longtime however. VZW should have all the IMEI ranges of our MG21s and MG41s.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.