Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MG21 to a network that is both combined and in template

SOLVED
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Connecting MG21 to a network that is both combined and in template

Is there an easy way to add a MG21 to a combined network that is managed via template without having to create a new template?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Getting noticed

Re: Connecting MG21 to a network that is both combined and in template

How old is the template? New templates now support the MG21 (You can create a new template, split it and then combine the MG part with your existing template) 

Having said that I've had to do the steps above with the API as the dashboard demands an enrolment string

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I don't understand.  Why can't you just add it to the combined network?  There is next to no configuration for an MG21.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

No idea. It throws the error 'A bound combined network may only contain bound networks'. Waiting for a reply from Meraki now...

Highlighted
Getting noticed

How old is the template? New templates now support the MG21 (You can create a new template, split it and then combine the MG part with your existing template) 

Having said that I've had to do the steps above with the API as the dashboard demands an enrolment string

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Yes. I tried this with the dashboard and it will show up in the network template but to get it to work on the individual networks using just the dashboard you have to unbind/bind the network from the template. That of course removes any specified Add/Vlan IPs and goes with a random choice out of the assigned range.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.