wifi clients keep jumping from access point to access point

trunolimit
Building a reputation

wifi clients keep jumping from access point to access point

I've got this problem across multiple locations. As you can see this client is hopping between all 3 access points. Does anyone else have this issue?

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 2.10.07 PM.png

2 Replies 2
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Is this a stationary or mobile client? If mobile, looks normal to me. the timestamps have decent gaps in between them.

If stationary, then the client is moving because signal is weaker and it hits whatever internal mechanism threshold that tells it to look for a stronger signal.

Are your access points statically configured channel/power? If not, then maybe they are changing power or channels, causing the client to 'find' another AP when it happens. I would recommend checking those settings to see how they are configured.

If you go to the AP, RF tab, you can see 'events' up at the top, and you might be able to correlate those with the times the client roamed etc.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Seems like the person is rushing threw the building 😉

As @NolanHerring said, looks kind of normal to me as well. But I have to say, didn´t had that before in our location...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels