using Meraki solution for a public wifi

SOLVED
tsn100
Conversationalist

using Meraki solution for a public wifi

All:

I want to set up Meraki APs as a public wifi for tenants our building.  I would like to set up a splash page and in the splash page, I would post terms and conditions for users to acknowledge.  Additionally, the splash page would have an input where users would input an access code. It would be a single access code, all tenants of the building would use.  We would post the access code somewhere in the building.  If you don't have building access, you would not be able to see the access code.  I realize this is not very secure, but we want to avoid homeless people from sitting outside our building using free wifi.  

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never personally tried it but I don't see why you couldn't configure both options in access control settings for the SSID.

- WPA2-psk (pre-shared key)

- Click through splash page

That would require a password to log on to the wifi and then the user must acknowledge a consent page before being able to use the service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never personally tried it but I don't see why you couldn't configure both options in access control settings for the SSID.

- WPA2-psk (pre-shared key)

- Click through splash page

That would require a password to log on to the wifi and then the user must acknowledge a consent page before being able to use the service.

tsn100
Conversationalist

I was so focused on access codes, I missed the obvious.  Thank you

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The option you want to configure is "fast pre-paid billing".

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Customizing_Splash_Pages_for_Fast_Prepaid_Card_Bi... 

It's intended to be a billing solution, where you sell Internet access, and give out people codes.  But if you set the price to $0, and enable the "fast" option, you can "print out" the codes and just give them to the users.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I should also mention that Splash Access have an excellent multi-tenant system, and a guest system.

https://www.splashaccess.com/portfolio/splashaccess-traditional/ 

tsn100
Conversationalist

Thank you!!  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels