some computer can not see networks

SOLVED
NachoZuvic
Here to help

some computer can not see networks

Hi team,

I have a net with MX,MS and MR. The SSIDs working good  but few computers don't see the SSIDs created, it can see the orthers net close to the building but not the ones I created.
Example: One computer have the problem is a I7 generation 8, It no the problmen Min. Bitrate in RF Profiles. 
The weird thing is only few computers can't see the SSIDs and the other don't have problem.

what would be the problem?

Thanks and Goodnight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

How are your SSIDs configured:

• Wireless > Access Control: Band selection
  • Wireless > Access Control: Minimum bitrate
  • Wireless > Radio Settings: Are you using RF Profiles for any of your access points

What kind of wireless adapter is in the client? E.g. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-find-out-which-wireless-card-is-present-in-your-laptop

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kave
Getting noticed

Upgrade wireless adapter driver on those computers also make sure you have no sticky mack enable on that port Meraki is connected to it.

kav noroozi
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

How are your SSIDs configured:

• Wireless > Access Control: Band selection
  • Wireless > Access Control: Minimum bitrate
  • Wireless > Radio Settings: Are you using RF Profiles for any of your access points

What kind of wireless adapter is in the client? E.g. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-find-out-which-wireless-card-is-present-in-your-laptop

Thanks, I upgraded wireless adapator, restart machine and It working .I trusted of Machine Generation jejeje.

Have a good day

Thanks, I checked but the problem continue. I upgrade wireless adapator, restart machine and working.

Thanks for your answer.

jwahlin
New here

This same think is happening to me.......we setup Meraki MR44's and MR76's. the few computers that dont connect to the meraki ap's still connect to our old cisco wireless network. Our old System's WLC was a 2504. Very strange. I plugged in a USB to Wifi adapter to the client and THAT picked up ALL the SSID's on the new Meraki. So Confused

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Older wireless adapter drivers, particularly Intel ones don't properly see WiFi6 APs.  Anything newer than 2017 is usually okay.  What adapter is in the laptop and what date is the driver from?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels