reboot AP MR42

SOLVED
akrammeraki
Getting noticed

reboot AP MR42

Hello,

I would reboot my cisco AP MR42 , by Tools > reboot AP  , but don't be reboot , could you give another way to reboot it by browser ?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Network-dad
A model citizen

@akrammeraki I agree with @cmr.  How long did you wait? it often takes 3 to 5 min before a reboot is performed and many times it will not show on the device status... The best way to be sure is have a continues ping going to the AP and watch for it to drop.

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Network-dad
A model citizen

@akrammeraki  Is it connected to a Meraki Switch? you could cycle the port and the will cut POE and reboot the AP... 

2020-06-02 08_39_20-Switches - Meraki Dashboard and 1 more page - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

Thank you for your reply , i don't have Meraki switch , what can i do ? 

What kind of switch is it connected to? are you able to shutdown the port it is connected to and then turn it back on? are you able to reboot the switch? Also what happens when you push the reboot button in the dashboard. Remember it takes up to 3 minuets for the AP to receive the command to reboot. 

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

thank you for your help yes,  i am able shutdown the interface connected from switch ,  this action is sufficient to reboot the ap?

when i push rebbot in the dashboard the AP still connected .

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@akrammeraki how long did you wait?  The reboot isn't instant and sometimes doesn't even show on the timeline.  If you have someone local, or have a continuous ping to it from the LAN, then you should see it go off and back on.

thank you for your reply , i will test it and i come back to you 

Network-dad
A model citizen

@akrammeraki I agree with @cmr.  How long did you wait? it often takes 3 to 5 min before a reboot is performed and many times it will not show on the device status... The best way to be sure is have a continues ping going to the AP and watch for it to drop.

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

thank you for your reply , i will test it and i come back to you  

@akrammeraki Did you ever find out if you were able to get your ap's to reboot?

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

It's work thank you 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels