"Cisco Meraki Cloud having difficulties communicating with this device" Message on APs

SOLVED
KaylaEik
Here to help

"Cisco Meraki Cloud having difficulties communicating with this device" Message on APs

One of our networks (which is set up the same as all of our other networks) received a notification that "The Cisco Meraki Cloud is having difficulties communicating with this device."   This message is showing up on all of the APs on this one network.  I have looked at all of our other networks, and it's not displaying this message.  

The APs are communicating out to the internet, and devices are associating with these APs, but there is this notification it's receiving. 

Has anyone else received this notification?  Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Just test that you can get out to the internet from that AP and verify that it's okay. What Meraki has told me is that sometimes it can be a path to the Meraki cloud that can be unreachable. I've had some of my APs do that and then it could be a couple of hours or even the next day the notification is gone.

Enthusiast

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Just test that you can get out to the internet from that AP and verify that it's okay. What Meraki has told me is that sometimes it can be a path to the Meraki cloud that can be unreachable. I've had some of my APs do that and then it could be a couple of hours or even the next day the notification is gone.

Enthusiast

Thank you,  the APs are no longer receiving that notification, and there were no changes made, so it was most likely the same with what happened to you.  

Mahi_Meraki_guy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This means Meraki cloud is having issues connecting to your Device.

Mostly it is due to the ISP or customer network issue. Very rarely it could be due to some outage at Meraki side also.

Good part is that your user traffic never gets impacted due to this so your MR will still be serving clients with full capabilities. 

redsector
Head in the Cloud

maybe changes at the firwalls are the reason. I had this once. How to configure the firewall you can find at the top menue "help" - "firewall info".

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels