pin code lock on Mac desktop

EdSanbornSandow
New here

pin code lock on Mac desktop

I am a new IT Director at my company.  I was issued a desktop Mac and yesterday it rebooted out of the blue and after I was prompted to enter a 6 digit pin code to login.  We believe it is related to the Meraki agent that is installed.  No one at my company locked my device manually from the Systems Manager and no one knows how this could have happened.  Does anyone know?  Is there a fix?  Is there a default pin code unlock passcode?

Ed

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I foudn this on the Apple forums

"This sounds like you have your computer set up on Find My Mac. If you do not remember the passcode for this, you can turn off the Activation Lock from your iCloud account. See this section from the following support article: "

Thanks.  I do not have this mac associated with my icloud account.  Either way, I don't see the article URL that you are referring to.  Can you send me that for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Is the Mac "brand new", or was it previously used by someone else?  If it was used by someone else it may be associated with that users account.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels