only allowing one SSID through a specific AP.

Alex-HISD
New here

only allowing one SSID through a specific AP.

As the subject states: I'm trying to only allow a single SSID broadcast through a specific AP.

I tried only allowing VLAN traffic for that SSID's VLAN but I had to allow the trunk VLAN as well on the port.

That resulted in the SSID's I don't want being broadcast as well but unable to get DHCP.

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/Using_Tags_to_Broadcast_SSIDs_from_Specific_APs

There need to be a dhcp server in your vlan or forwarder to a server for your vlan.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This can be achieved by going to Wireless > Configure > SSID Availability.

There you can pick the SSID you wish and scope it to all, multiple or a single access point. 

@BlakeRichardson  is on the money.  Put a tag on the AP, and use SSID availability to make it only available to APs with that tag.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/Using_Tags_to_Broadcast_SSIDs_from_Specific_APs 

Awesome, got that fixed so that the SSID is only applied to a specific tag.

Next problem is that this specific AP with this tag is showing the SSID I want, but its also showing all the SSID's I don't want to be broadcast on that AP.

Do I have to tag the other SSID's and assign that tag to every AP except the ONE ap I don't want it broadcast on? Seems kind of silly but I'll do it if that's the only way...

Crocker
Building a reputation

This is basically what we ended up doing. We have a handful of SSID's, and each one is tied to a tag. The tags are assigned/unassigned depending on the site needs.

It's extra steps for sure, but after the initial setup it's proven to be beyond useful.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels